We took a
day trip to Salzburg, which should really be called Mozartburg because
everything is named after him! True to form, we sang various songs from
"The Sound of Music" on the train ride down.
These are the Mirabell Palace and Gardens where there was an army band playing appropriately Straussian tunes.
In this case, M is for McDonald's, not Mozart.
We were shocked and amazed at the design.
These are actually trash bins, but aren't they cute?
Another one
Pauline and I pause for a Nikon moment.
Apparently this is the Holy Trinity Church.
I could not tell you who this is - Fierce Forester Protector of Salzburg?
The fountain at the Residenz, can you spot the snails, lizards, and turtles?
A group of us went up the mountain to the castle, here is the view from the top!
(It was quite hazy in the distance)
Looking down at Salzburg
We imagined that the small cottage is where the witch from Haensel and Gretel lives
Lovely mountains
Another view from the castle
This is the actual mecca for Mozartkugeln.
They claim to be the first producers of the tasty chocolate wonders and I must say that the chocolate is much higher quality than the red label kugeln.
We
weren't allowed to take pictures in the Mozart's residence museum, but I
enjoyed these illustrations by Jakob and Nico, both aged 9.
(l - "Was Mozart an alien?"
r - "Naturally, Mozart could fly")
Can you spot the heinous error on this t-shirt?
The castle from afar
Saying farewell to the Austrian Alps