At the end of November, my program headed back to the Dead Sea for a seminar. We stayed at the same hostel that I had stayed at on my Birthright trip, but I am sad to say that the friendly cats seem to have moved residence! Here are some pictures from the weekend...
The backdrop of the Ein Gedi Youth Hostel
Heading down to the beach, Jordanian mountains on the horizon!
Cobbles leading down to the beach
Crrrrrrusty cobbles!
Pretty flowers! Sorry, I don't know what they are.
Cat in a can!!! (He looks angry, but he was mostly surprised to have his photo taken)
Our last day, we went for a short nature walk on the Ein Gedi Nature Preserve. This is a rock hyrex, described by Itzik, our madrich, as "an Israeli rat" (not a bunny, because "bunnies is cute and he is not so cute").
Small waterfalls at the preserve
With my awesome Israeli roommate, Nitzan!
BIG waterfall :)
These stalactites formed over the plants hanging down from the rocks - phytotites?
Sweet clouds over the preserve
Leaving the preserve - Dead Sea and Jordan in the distance!